Saturday, June 27, 2009

Communication Imperative

Communication Imperative, according to our web lecture “suggests that we're social beings, compelled to connect and interact with others”. Small groups or organizations do have communication imperative. In my fraternity, we only not use text messages, e-mails, phone-calls, face-to-face conversations, and meetings, for our chapter functions. We even use online social networks to communicate. We also sometimes use them to advertise our fundraisers and philanthropies to get the most turn out. It is true that people do like connecting and interacting with others. Sometimes even, people including myself talk online with someone on the next room or upstairs of where I am.

1 comment:

  1. My family is totally guilty of cell phone use between rooms of the house. My mom would call us to dinner on our cells, or even text me upstairs if we were being too loud. I do agree also that using all of these technologies in group functions is really helpful. In my honor society, we utilize many of these networking avenues. Next year one of our members is going to Japan to study abroad, and she will be Skyping in to our meeting so she can still be an active member, which is really cool.

    ReplyDelete